Sunday, September 23, 2007

So there I was...

... lying in the bed at 12 noon vaguely thinking about getting up but really wondering if it would be too cheeky to let a roar out to Mam and see if she’d bring me up some tea. I never really know what to do with my Sundays. When I’m not at work I rarely venture past the couch where I snuggle up under my duvet, scoff chocolate and watch the Corrie omnibus. That brings me up to 5pm. I’ll then have some dinner and settle back down again to watch Come Dine with Me on More 4. By the time that’s over it’s almost 7.30pm, so its time for more tea and then I think about going to bed.
Today, though, was different. So there I was, like I said, lying in the bed thinking of little more than tea when Mam comes in with some brochures in her hand. She wades through the wasteland that is my bedroom kicking reams of clothes, books and magazines out of her way, though carefully side stepping my new Bobbi Brown eye shadow palette (God, I really should put that out of harms way – I love it and it wasn’t cheap!) I lazily glance at the glossy brochures that she has thrown on my bed. All show houses in the Kilkenny /Carlow area. Damn. Damn. Damn! This Sunday will be taken up looking at show houses. And judging by Mam’s rig out she’s coming with me. I haven’t the heart to tell my mother that I have no intention of moving out. Reluctantly I drag myself out of the bed and give a weak smile.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please link to www.catholicheritage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could link to our blog about the O'Loughlin family of Kilkenny?

http://cousinsofcountoloughlin.blogspot.com/